SO YOU WANT TO BE A LEADER
Leadership – a necessary skill if you’re to develop a team and have a chance to attain success in the network marketing industry. A leader must have followers. And a leader must do certain things to be a good leader. Are you a leader? Do you know what’s required in order to be the type of leader others look up to?
If not, perhaps I can provide some insight. My mentor, Steve Shook, recently hosted a leadership training event, in which he discussed what he called the 10 Attributes of a Good Leader in Network Marketing.
Ten Attributes of A Network Marketing Leader
- Have a goal larger than those you lead. Your downline needs to know you’re planning for the future, and want to bring them success.
- Have a greater and more positive attitude that those you are leading.
- Accept responsibility, and be willing to admit your mistakes.
- Make positive decisions. Always strive to do the right thing. (For more on this point, click Make the Right Choice)
- Put those you’re leading first. They will work harder when they realize your goal is their success. (People don’t care what you know, until they know that you care.)
- Lead by example. Don’t just tell them – work with them and show them. This sets the right example for your downline. (Check out the leadership lesson from the dancing guy video at the end of this post.)
- Commit to integrity and character. Yes, character does matter. Your downline will have confidence in you if they see you doing the right thing.
- Strive for excellence in everything. You may not get there, but you should strive for it, nonetheless.
- Improve personal growth and development. Work as hard on yourself as you do on your career. Seek knowledge. (An excellent source is Jim Rohn.)
- Must have high level of persistence and determination. In network marketing, it’s very easy to quit. Do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes. In fact, I’m reminded of a quote on a website featuring inspirational quotes that goes like this:
Success is failure turned inside out –
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar,
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things seem worst that YOU MUSTN’T QUIT!
Official transcript at sivers.org — If you’ve learned a lot about leadership and making a movement, then let’s watch a movement happen, start to finish, in under 3 minutes, and dissect some lessons: A leader needs the guts to stand alone and look r…
Do u lead by example with only the best interest of another individual as yr motivation? Read more here http://t.co/JRA3IDZ6
Successful leaders exhibit these 30 qualities, behaviors, and skills. Which leadership qualities do you find most important. Which qualities/behaviors did we miss. Item one is first because it’s most important. The rest are listed randomly.
BE THE LEADER YOU CAN BE
Leadership can take many forms, but you must provide the right example that will attract others to follow you. I’m looking for other leaders. Become the leader in you! For books on leadership, check out the SUCCESS RESOURCES link at the top of the page.